пятница, 16 сентября 2011 г.

vasque boot laces::Out of the box at one point vasque was making big claims about the weight of these boots vasque boot laces

vasque boot laces vasque boot laces::Out of the box at one point vasque was making big claims about the weight of these boots.
In fact they are no lighter than a traditional plastic boot retrofitted with a thermofit liner.
My scarpa invernos weigh about 3.
The sizing is however way off.
I usually take around a 13.
My la sportiva nepal extrems are a 47.
They are a much lower profile boot than i would expect for a double.
The liners are about half as thick as most other boots making the overall boot not much bigger than my single, but insulated nepals!
I replaced the stock footbeds with my custom ones.
For a double boot the feel was pretty precise.
My invernos were horrible on rock whereas these felt similar to my nepals.
The inner boot has additional padding to lock your heel in place which seems to make a big difference when front pointing.
On the summit day i made the mistake of not lacing my boots tight and what looked like an easy snow slope turned out to be very icy requiring a lot of time on my toes.
Like any boot fit is going to vary with the shape of your feet.
I wore only a single pair of socks with them the whole trip and never really got cold feet.
I slept with the inners.
The boot also seems to stay pretty flexibly when cold.
Traditional plastics are pretty much impossible to lace up on a cold morning because the shell has stiffened.
I suspect that this is partly due to the shell material and partly because the tongue has fabric sections that flex regardless of the temperature.
The mk1 version people complained about the sole balling up badly.
I had no problems with this.
I was wearing supergaiters the whole time and after several thousand feet of rock these are beat to hell.
The soles on the boots show some wear but really not that much.
The top two lace hooks had burrs on them which caused the laces the shred quite quickly.
The inner boot seems to be sized incorrectly at the top of the ankle.
I think they need to give you more play here.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий